Lawrence M. Walsh
JOLIET – Free walk-in legal help will be available at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, at Workforce Center of Will County, 2400 Glenwood Ave.
Prairie State Legal Services, which provides free services for low-income people and those 60 and over, will be there to help people who have legal issues that keep them from employment.
PSLS may be available to advise or represent job seekers on issues such as:
- Criminal records and background checks;
- Credit report concerns;
- Reinstating a driver’s license;
- Wage theft;
- Reasonable accommodation issues at work;
- Getting other professional licenses;
- Consumer issues relating to a vehicle needed for work;
- Modifying parenting schedules to accommodate work;
- And housing, health care, access to public benefits, and other legal issues affecting your ability to work.
To pre-register for the event, call (815) 727-5123, then dial 0, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-registration is required.