VAC EXECUTIVE MEETING-Corrected
Monday October 20th, 2014
VAC Board Room, 128 N Scott St., Joliet, IL 60432
CALL TO ORDER
Chairman John Kestel called to order the meeting of the VAC Commission at 6:00PM on October 20th, 2014 in the VAC board room.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Led by Chairman Kestel.
Chaplain Mlynek led in the opening prayer.
ROLL CALL: The following were present:
Present: Chairman Kestel, Vice Chairman Vargas, Secretary Picciolo, Treasurer Arellano, Past Chairman Horne, Member Baskerville, Member Walden, Past Chairman Sallese, Superintendent McNichol, Assistant Superintendent Papineau, Office Manager Northrup
Introduction of guest and/or first time attendees:
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: September 8th 2014: Motion to Approve made by Vice Chairman Vargas; Seconded by Past Chairman Sallese – Motion Carried.
1.Financial Report: Tony Arellano, Treasurer
Patriots Fund: $5901.87 VAC: $4311.48
Motion to Approve made by Past Chairman Horne; Seconded by Vice Chairman Vargas – Motion Carried.
2.Superintendent Report –Superintendent McNichol
- Superintendent McNichol went over the Expense Budget – Explained categories and budget balance, went over past months expenditures, YTD at 73.32%; Discussion Followed
- Superintendent McNichol went over reporting totals, reported veterans’ financial assistance clientele at 108 for the month of August; Discussion FollowedMotion to Approve made by Past Chairman Horne; Seconded by Past Chairman Sallese – Motion Carried.
- Review of IACVAC training. Superintendent McNichol and Assistant Superintendent Papineau touched on highlights and changes at this year’s training. Superintendent McNichol named Social Media and Outreach Chairman. Discussion followed
- Transportation Officer Vacancy – At this time the VAC Board voted to not fill the vacancy created by the departure of the former Transportation Officer. Veterans will continue to be referred to the CBOC for transportation to Hines VA in Maywood. Motion to approve made by Past Chairman Horne, Seconded by Member Walden.
- Executive Board Elections – Election Committee named; Chaplain Mlynek, Vice Chairman Vargas, Past Chairman Horne, Denise Meehan, Jim Singlar.
- VAC expanding services to other areas of Will County – 2nd Monday of each Month, Assistant Superintendent Papineau will be at Joshua Arms of Joliet, 3rd Wednesday of each month, Superintendent McNichol will be at JJC
- Discussion regarding absentee Executive Board Members at monthly VAC meetings; Those with consecutive absenteeism will be held to the WCVAC By-Laws.
- End of Year Banquet – Cantigny VFW, to be held Friday January 9th 2015 at 6PM. Motion to approve made by Past Chairman Horne, Seconded by Vice Chairman Vargas.
FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMISSION:
- A.L. Post 13 in Plainfield presented Past Chairman J.C. Tromp with a pin for 70 years of service.
- Wreaths Across America – VAC to purchase 15 Wreaths for laying at ALC – Motion to approve made by Vice Chairman Vargas, Seconded by Past Chairman Sallese.
10th DRAWING 2014 300 CLUB:
A) $100.00 C. #085 Don Turres B) $50.00 #002 Nancy York
NEXT MEETING DATES AND PLACE OF NEXT MEETING:
VAC Commission November 17th 2014 at 6:00 PM -128 N. Scott St. Joliet, IL 60432
Motion to Adjourn VAC meeting and move in to closed session made by Past Chairman Horne; Seconded by Vice Chairman Horne.
Chaiplain Mlynek led in the closing prayer.
Executive Closed session as per 5ILCS120/2©(4); Requested by Chairman Kestel.
- Financial Assistance Concern
End Closed Session