VAC COMMISSION MEETING
Monday September 8th, 2014
VAC Board Room, 128 N Scott St., Joliet, IL 60432
CALL TO ORDER
Chairman John Kestel called to order the meeting of the VAC Commission at 6:00PM on Sept 8th, 2014 in the VAC board room.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Led by Chairman Kestel.
Chairman Kestel led in the opening prayer.
ROLL CALL: The following were present:
Present: Chairman Kestel, Vice Chairman Vargas, Secretary Picciolo, Treasurer Arellano, Sgt-At-Arms Leonard, Member Baskerville, Past Chairman Sallese, Past Chairman Horne, Past Chairman York, Superintendent McNichol, Office Manager Northrup
Introduction of guest and/or first time attendees: Joe Starmann, Marion Lewis – Joliet Moose 300 Hank Dillon – A.L. 1080, Matthew Clarke – Veteran Service Officer WCVAC
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: Aug 11th 2014: Motion to Approve made by Vice Chairman Vargas; Seconded by Past Chairman York – Motion Carried.
1.Financial Report: Tony Arellano, Treasurer
Patriots Fund: $2492.43 VAC: $6001.87
Motion to Approve made by Past Chairman York; Seconded by Past Chairman Horne – Motion Carried.
2.Superintendent Report –Superintendent McNichol
- Superintendent McNichol went over the Expense Budget – Explained categories and budget balance, went over past months expenditures, YTD at 62.49%; Discussion Followed
- Superintendent McNichol went over reporting totals, reported veterans’ financial assistance clientele at 109 for the month of August; Discussion Followed
Motion to Approve made by Past Chairman Horne; Seconded by Past Chairman York – Motion Carried.
- Fund raiser for VAC van sponsored by Joliet Moose Lodge 300 tentative date of September 2015. Discussion followed
- Introduction of new VSO Matthew Clarke – Marine Corp Veteran
- End of Year Banquet – Cantigny VFW, catering contract or VFW. Discussion Followed
- VHEA Town Hall Meeting - Recap
FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMISSION:
- October 18th 2014 JJC Event for Veterans
- Block of hotel vouchers purchased with money donated to assist with efforts to house homeless veteran’s 66 total vouchers for a cost of $2000.00 from the 3 Hampton Inns in Joliet. Motion made by Tony Sallese to present each hotel with a plaque of appreciation at the end of the year banquet, seconded by John York.
7th DRAWING 2014 300 CLUB:
A) $100.00 C. Joe Nichel Post 5788 B) $50.00 James Baskerville – Post 935
NEXT MEETING DATES AND PLACE OF NEXT MEETING:
VAC Commission October 20th 2014 at 6:00 PM -128 N. Scott St. Joliet, IL 60432
Motion to Adjourn VAC meeting by Past Chairman Horne; Seconded by Past Chairman York.
Chairman Kestel led in the closing prayer.
Executive Closed session as per 5ILCS120/2©(4); Requested by Chairman Kestel.
- Financial Assistance Clientele Issue
- Lawsuit Date
End Closed Session