The Activity Room is home to a large collection of resource materials that are available to all residents, including:
- Arts and crafts materials
- Reading materials (including current magazines and large-print books on loan from the Joliet Public Library
- Movies on VHS tape
- TV/VCR Carts
- Computer lab
- A selection of audio and CD's
- Crossword and Search-A-Word puzzle books
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Playing cards
- Board games
- Radios, Cassette players and CD players
- Electronic equipment, such as TV's, VCR's and music players are available for short periods of time and on a first come-first served basis.
Resident Council is a forum that belongs exclusively to all residents. All residents are invited to this monthly meeting (4th Thursday of each month) for the opportunity to learn about upcoming events, make suggestions and voice concerns. The meeting is conducted by officers elected yearly from among the residents. No staff is allowed to attend Resident Council meeting with the exception of the Activity Director. The Resident Council may also invite other staff members to attend meetings. Monthly meeting minutes posted in the Activity Room and in the Administrator's office. A list of current Resident Council Officers and regular meeting dates is posted in each unit.
Interested Residents meet monthly to select a special meal of the month. The group also gives input into the selection of the daily menus.
Sunny Hill Nursing Home owns and operates a 21-seat, wheelchair accessible van. The van makes scheduled trips into the community and to community events (concerts, plays, sporting events, parades, etc.). Of the 21 seats, four accommodate wheelchairs. Regularly scheduled trips to local restaurants are also very popular. The Activity Department is in charge of all van trips.