WILL COUNTY LAND USE DEPARTMENT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FOR
RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL ASBESTOS SERVICES
In accordance with the Asbestos Abatement Act for Public and Private Schools, the Commercial and Public Building Act and Code, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) shall license asbestos abatement contracting companies that conduct response actions to remove, encapsulate or enclose friable asbestos-containing building materials. The contractor shall meet the qualifications commensurate with Section 855.110 (b) of the Asbestos Abatement for Public and Private Schools and Commercial and Public Buildings Act and Code; Will County seeks to solicit proposals from qualified individuals or firms to assist the County in obtaining asbestos inspections, cost estimating services, asbestos abatement projection, and/or remediation for properties scheduled for demolition, rehabilitation, and/or aquisition.
• Conduct initial on-site asbestos inspection;
• Provide cost estimate of asbestos remediation/abatement;
• Prepare asbestos assessment report;
Information to be included in the proposal:
1. A profile of the company;
2. A narrative describing the specialized experience and technical competence of the firm or persons with respect to working on federally funded commercial and residential projects; specifically rehabilitation of existing construction and demolition projects and/or other publicly funded housing rehab/demo projects.
3. Evidence of having a minimum of 5 years building construction trades experience specifically related to asbestos testing, remediation, and abatement.
4. A Summary of past record of performance of the firm and personnel with respect asbestos assessment, remediation, and abatement: accessibility to clients, ability to meet client schedules, communication, and coordination skills.
5. Copies of County and/or State registrations which include and may not be limited to licensure by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
6. A summary of the firm’s experience working in Will County.
7. A summary of the firm’s experience working with HUD programs and HUD Grants specifically HOME and CDBG.
8. A summary of the firm’s capacity of carrying out all aspects of required asbestos related activities, including any experience with preparing reports, drawings, specifications, and construction/remediation.
9. A cost of services per housing unit for Inspection, Assessment, which includes all samples, lab fees, and any other associated costs.
10. A schedule outlining the timeframe from initial contact to scheduling the inspection, conducting the inspection, through an asbestos assessment report being received by Will County.
11. Proof of insurances (General Liability and Workers Compensation).
12. References from previous clients within the past five years.
Method of Selection:
Proposals will be reviewed by an evaluation team for the purpose of identifying and recommending those individuals offering, in total, the overall cost for services, expedient service delivery, the highest qualifications, and experience with these types of projects. The individuals or firms recommended may also be interviewed by members of the evaluation team for the express intention of recommending a final individual or firm to perform this work for Will County.
Attention of bidders is particularly called to the requirements as to conditions of employment to be observed and minimum wage rates to be paid under the contract, Section 3, Segregated Facility, Section 109 and E.O. 11246. MBE/WBE: Women and Minority Owned Businesses are encouraged to submit proposal.
No bidder may withdraw his bid within 30 days after the actual date of the opening thereof.
Please submit 1 original, 1 copy, and a USB Drive containing all materials in an opaque sealed envelope with a cover letter. All materials may be submitted to the attention of Rebecca DeGroate, Will County Land Use Department, during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
This proposal should be addressed and submitted to:
Grants Program Specialist
Will County Land Use Department
58 E. Clinton St.
Joliet, IL 60432
Questions can be emailed to Rebecca DeGroate firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals will not be accepted after the prescribed deadline date and time of December 22, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.