Effective June 1, 2020, the Will County Land Use Department will implement a phased approach for our employees to return to the office and for our customers to visit the office. As a customer, you will notice various changes in the way our office looks as well as new practices and protocols. The Will County Land Use Department is committed to providing a safe and healthy office for all our employees and customers. To ensure we have a safe and healthy office, we have developed a COVID-19 Return to Office Plan. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our employees and offices, and customers. Our COVID-19 Return to Office Plan follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Will County Health Department (WCHD), federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19, and Governor Pritzker’s Executive Orders.
While the office has been and will continue to be regularly cleaned and disinfected, particularly the high touch areas, you will also notice the following changes implemented through our COVID-19 Plan:
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have contracted COVID-19, you are advised to not to enter the office.
- All customers are required to wear face coverings while in the office.
- Sneeze guards installed at public access workstations and reception desk.
- Occupancy limit for customers on the 1st floor.
- Signage and markings in order for social distancing to be maintained at customer workstations and customer waiting area.
- Reduced staffing. The Department will maintain normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with reduced in-the-office staffing. Those Department staff not present in the office will continue to work remotely.
The Land Use Department encourages customers to use the online permitting portal, conduct business by mail, email, or telephone. You can access the portal through this link: https://co-will-il.smartgovcommunity.com/Public/Home
Please note that at this time, only certain types of inspections are being performed in accordance with office protocol which is posted on the portal. Inspection availability may also be limited. You can also use the portal to schedule inspections, or email inspection requests to email@example.com, or call us at (815) 774-3321. Please include your contact information, permit number, property address, the specific inspection(s) being requested, and a desired inspection date.
The Will County Land Use Department appreciates your patience and understanding during this time. For inquiries and questions, please call (815) 774-3321.