Effective on Monday, March 5, 2018, we are implementing a new online permit system via Oxcart Permit Systems. We are recommending you setup a free Oxcart account prior to this date to ensure a smooth transition. We will continue to accept your permit applications by fax or in-person through Friday March 2, 2018 at 3:59 PM, after which time we will only accept applications via Oxcart.
An overview of the new process:
- Applicants login online via the website at www.oxcartpermits.com
- Login using an individual username. Accounts can have unlimited usernames.
- Enter in all data (have the option to clone routes and save truck configurations in a vehicle library, save favorite payment methods)
- Will County DOT staff will review permit through online portal
- Credit Card payment will be processed once route is approved by Will County DOT
- Applicants receive approved permit
This was approved at the Will County Board meeting on February 15, 2018.
Oversize-Overweight vehicles are requested to stay on State Routes as much as possible. Will County Highway Staff will suggest alternate routes when applicable.
Roads on the Will County Highway System are classified as "Local Roads and Streets" except for those with a posted weight limit, a posted height limit, and those designated Class II and Class III, IDOT Information on Legal Dimensions and Weights for all roads in Illinois (FORM OPER 753). Bridges over Interstate Highways are the jurisdiction of the State of Illinois or Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Overweight movements across these bridges require an IDOT or ISTHA Permit Number.
The following are the height and weight limitations on Local Roads and Streets. Any vehicle exceeding these amounts requires a permit from the Will County Division of Transportation. Permits may be issued for an overweight load providing it consists of one object that cannot be reasonably dismantled or disassembled.
Maximum Legal Dimensions
|Single Axle (LB)
||Tandem Axle (LB)
||Gross Weight (LB)