This site is owned and maintained by Will County. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Will County, we want to make your experience with our site satisfying and safe.
- If you visit the Will County website, the following information may be collected:
- The name of your domain; for example, “mycompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account;
- An IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site;
- The pages you visit within the County website; and
- The links made to other websites through the County site.
This information is collected for statistical analysis. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs. This information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes.
- We currently set but do not use “cookies” on our website. A cookie is a line of computer code inserted onto your computer by a web site which you visit.
Voluntarily provided information
- Will County does not collect personal information without your permission. Some information that we may collect through your voluntary submissions include:
- Your name, address, or phone number;
An e-mail address if you communicate to us via email
- Information you voluntarily submitted to Will County in completing for submitting an application or form on-line;
- You must be aware that any personal information submitted in communicating with or requesting information from Will County becomes a part of the public record and may be subject to disclosure under applicable Illinois and Federal statutes.
Sale of Data
- Will County does not participate in the sale of email address or other personal information to any governmental or commercial bodies.
- Will County operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our users.
Disclaimer of Liability
- Will County or any of its employees will not be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information provided. In no event will Will County or any of its employees be liable for damages due to the information provided by this site.
Disclaimer of Accuracy of Data
- Although Will County believes that the information provided on this site is of the utmost integrity and from reliable sources, Will County does not assume responsibility for its accuracy. Data can change often and become quickly out-dated. Will County makes the greatest effort possible to provided accurate data in a timely fashion.