Effective October 5, 2015, our office no longer issues this type of permit.
Permits for continuous operation of oversize - overweight vehicles carrying containers for international shipping (temporary 90-day authorization in accordance with ordinance 15-53) starting Monday, February 23, 2015 and expiring Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. are issued as follows:
- Maximum weight 92,000 lbs. gross on 5 or more axles;
- Valid for a daily, weekly or monthly permit;
- For a fee of $50.00, $250.00, or $500.00 per permit;
- Prior to approval of the permit by the Division of Transportation, each carrier shall complete on the permit the truck license number that said permit is to be used for and the permit's effective date
- The daily permit expires at 11:59 PM of the effective date.
- The Division of Transportation must receive a check as payment for the permit. No cash or credit cards are accepted at this time.
With Will County’s extension of LCO Container Permits another 90 days, we are continuing to honor a grace period of a full month on previously issued permits. For example, if a monthly permit was Effective 7/1/15 and Expires 7/22/15 due to the previous resolution expiring, it is understood the permit now Expires 7/31/15 for the full month. Another example, if a monthly permit was Effective 7/15/15 and Expires 7/22/15 due to the previous resolution expiring, it is understood the permit now Expires 8/14/15 for the full month. We are honoring this grace period without issuing any new permits or revising any permits.